Re: ill-advised changes [was Re: key bindings in hideshow.el]

From: thi
Subject: Re: ill-advised changes [was Re: key bindings in hideshow.el]
Date: 31 Jan 2001 17:14:43 -0800

Dave Love <address@hidden> writes:

   >>>>> "t" == thi  <address@hidden> writes:

    t> this is a good idea.  i will remove the `C-c C-c' hideshow
    t> binding and (unless someone objects or beats me to it) bind `C-c
    t> C-c' to `comment-region' in emacs-lisp mode.

   Please don't do things like that without consultation, and especially
   not now.  It's not fixing a bug or improving the documentation.

   Please conserve bandwidth now and postpone even discussing such things
   until we've got 21.1 out.  We need to stabilize it with the important
   problems fixed (safely), _not_ add any more new features or cosmetics.
   Dealing with extra mail takes time that would be better spent at this
   stage.

   Sorry to lecture and doubtless sound unreasonable, but it's important.
   I, for one, have a pile of changes postponed, some of which even date
   from before work started on Emacs 21.

it's not important to sound unreasonable.

you, for one, need not worry about this problem.  that's why i'm worrying
about it and doing the work to fix it.  learn to let go a little.

thi