Re[1]: Terminal mode line color

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[1]: Terminal mode line color
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 10:00:54 -0500

>>> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> seems to think that:
>> From: "Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 07:36:54 -0500
>>
>> I execute this simple command in my .emacs file:
>>
>>     (set-face-background 'mode-line "green")
>>
>> and when emacs starts in terminal mode, it is green.  As soon as the
>> splash screen goes away, the mode line changes back to unspecified.
>
>Does this happen only in "emacs -nw"?

It only happens in terminal mode, which includes starting emacs
without a DISPLAY environment set.  I use a .Xdefaults to set the
colors for X.

>Do you have anything else in your ~/.emacs?  (A rethorical question, I
>know ;-)  If so, please see if this happens with the above line as the
>single customization in .emacs.

I have *lots* of stuff in my .emacs file, but it replicates for me
when my .emacs file only contains the above line.

>I cannot reproduce this on my system with the single line above in
>.emacs.

I tried it in two different builds I got from CVS, on RedHat 6.0, and
the other Debian Slink.  I ran configure with no arguments, and run
out of the build area without "make install".

Eric

--
|\/\/\___/\/\/|  Eric Ludlam                 address@hidden; address@hidden
\____ o o ____/  Homepage:                      http://www.ultranet.com/~zappo