Re: New Mac OS Changes

From: Andrew Choi
Subject: Re: New Mac OS Changes
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:21:45 +0800

Hi Kenichi,

Thank you for making the changes for the mac-roman encoding.  Your
solution is more general and uniform.  It is also better to simply
set-keyboard-coding-system and use the Encoded-kbd mode instead of
introducing an additional mode just for the Mac.

These work correctly except for this: in fontset-mac (created in
mac-win.el), the font used for latin-iso8859-1 should be a font in
iso8859-1 encoding instead of -*-monaco-*-mac-roman.  So after the
change, characters falling in the iso8859-1 range are not displayed
correctly, while those in ascii, mule-unicode-2500-33ff,
mule-unicode-e000-ffff, and mule-unicode-0100-24ff are.

I have converted some ETL fonts for use on the Mac, so the
latin-iso8859-1 character set in fontset-mac can use the font
-ETL-fixed-*-iso8859-1.  I cannot seem to make
create-fontset-from-fontset-spec do this.

Unfortunately I need to be away from my computers for the next ten
days.  I will get back to solve this problem as soon as I return.  I
apologize for the bad timing.

Andrew.