Re: Strange VC/CVS failure

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: Strange VC/CVS failure
Date: 29 Oct 2000 11:20:28 +0100

Dave Love <address@hidden> writes:

> >>>>> "AS" == Andre Spiegel <address@hidden> writes:

>  AS> Stefan, is this log-edit
>
> Yes (at least for that message).

Ok, I checked log-edit's source code and I think this question
probably doesn't have anything to do with the problem.  However, I
don't like the default of log-edit-confirm being t and I wonder what
the rationale for that is.  Shouldn't it be 'changed, at most?

>  AS> (which I don't use yet)?
>
> I don't understand how you avoid it.  `vc-log-edit' uses it if
> `log-edit' is fbound, which it always is, because it's autoloaded.

I am still doing all my VC development under Emacs 20 (gasp!) because
I want the new VC to be compatible with it, so that we can have an
independent prerelease of it.  This will give us more testing,
especially on backends that are not very common among the pretesters
(read: SCCS).  It will also allow a careful review of the new modular
architecture by many people who have expressed interest in that, and
who are not among the Emacs pretesters.

(I sure would have asked here before doing that, but I have done it
once back in the times of Emacs 19 and RMS was just fine with it.
Flame away if anyone objects.)

But -- I guess I should start my Emacs 21 every once in a while and
also check how things are looking there...  Will do.