Re: problem of released-button style mode-line

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: problem of released-button style mode-line
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:51:13 +0900 (JST)

Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden> writes:
> Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>>  I added an argument, FULLY, to Fpos_visible_in_window_p that uses
>>  the window's desired_matrix to do more careful checking of partial
>>  visiblity.
>>
>>  However, in the case where the window layout has been recently
>>  changed, with no intervening redisplay, the desired_matrix is out of
>>  date.  I want a way to update the window's desired_matrix, without
>>  doing a real redisplay.

> I've installed something which I think does the trick.

> The problem with the previous code was that move_* functions don't
> built a desired matrix (it's considerably faster), so this could not
> work.

Thank you, but it seems that:
  (pos-visible-in-window-p POS nil t)
returns t even if the upper part of line at POS is
non-visible.

And, I found one more problem.
  (set-window-start WINDOW 1)
doesn't make the position 1 fully visible if it is already
partially visible.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden