Re: Info faces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Info faces
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:18:45 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:46:02 +0900 (JST)
>
> Info-title-2-face and Info-title-3-face look very nice.  But the color
> used by Info-title-1-face ("lightred") doesn't display well on any of
> the terminals I tried, being turned into a dim grey or white.

This problem of non-grey colors being mapped to some shade of grey
should never happen, unless your definition of RGB values is wrong.

There's a special function tty-color-off-gray-diag on
lisp/term/tty-colors.el, and an empirical threshold in
tty-color-approximate, which calls tty-color-off-gray-diag, beyond
which such mapping is forbidden.  If the RGB values you defined are
correct, perhaps the empirical threshold needs to be augmented.