Re[1]: bitmap files

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[1]: bitmap files
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:42:36 -0400

>>> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> seems to think that:
>
>On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Miles Bader wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it be better to include .xpm files for both, with the mono
>> version having only two colors and using a different name (e.g.,
>> foo-mono.xpm)
>
>Don't the *.xpm files need Emacs to be built with XPM support?
>
>If so, Emacs built without XPM will not be able to use them, even if they
>are monochrome.
>
>In any case, if your suggestion is accepted, we need to make sure that
>the file names don't clash in 8+3 DOS namespace.
  [ ... ]

Hi,

  I have a build on a lame Solaris 2.7 machine, and the xpm libraries
installed by the sys-admins are old.  (thus, no xpm support)  I also
don't seem to get pbm support, thus no toolbar.

  I do have xbm support.  While this is probably lame on a windows
platform, it is an X standard, and it would let me use the toolbar on
my Solaris box.

Eric

--
|\/\/\___/\/\/|  Eric Ludlam                 address@hidden; address@hidden