isearch-lazy-highlight-initial-delay

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: isearch-lazy-highlight-initial-delay
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:12:10 -0400

Hi,

  isearch-lazy-highlight-initial-delay is spiffy.  It's default value
of 0.25 is great for an X version of Emacs.  When on a terminal
running remotely via 56k modem however (sadly, the majority of time I
spend in Emacs 21) it times out before the modem can deliver the next
typed character.

  I'd like to recommend (if possible) a longer delay determined by
checking if the user is using a tty.  I found 5 seconds a little long,
but to my personal liking.

  Thoughts?
  Eric

--