elmo-users

[elmo-users] autoconf error

From: Artur Skura
Subject: [elmo-users] autoconf error
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 01:09:55 +0200

$ autoconf
configure.in:29: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling

szukam szukam i co mamy? Z canvas.gome.org:

What is AC_TRY_RUN, and why is my machine warning me about it?

   Sometimes, when running aclocal, autogen.sh or make, you will get lines
looking like:
   configure.in:171: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling. This is
   nothing to be alarmed about, you can safely ignore it (unless you are cross
compiling).

   If you're still curious, a cross compiler is a compiler based on one
platform that you can use
   to create code to run on a different platform. For example, some people have
a version of GCC
   installed on GNU/Linux boxes with Intel processors which makes binaries for
SGI boxes with
   MIPS processors. This would be a cross compiler.

   The AC_TRY_RUN macro is called to attempt to compile and run a code
fragment. It is used to
   test to see whether a particular piece of code is likely to work on your
machine or not, and
   adjust the configuration accordingly. If you are cross-compiling, however,
you can't run the
   code fragment, since it's on a different machine than the one you are on.
The AC_TRY_RUN macro
   includes a parameter to tell it what to do in this case, but we haven't
tested cross-compiling
   GNOME yet, so it would be premature to configure this value. Because the
value is absent, it
   gives the warning.

No to nie ma co sobie głowy zawracać.

Pozdrowienia,