eliot-dev

Re: [Eliot-dev] api to eliot engine

From: Olivier Teuliere
Subject: Re: [Eliot-dev] api to eliot engine
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 20:57:44 +0100

Hi,

There is no plan to release a libeliot at the moment. The different UI
(qt, ncurses and text) are all in C++ and shipped with Eliot, so there
was no need for it until now.
But patches are welcome :)

The UI code is already separated from the engine, so it shouldn't be
very difficult to build only what you need:

1) Libarabica is used to read/write XML in save games. On Ubuntu, you
can install libarabica-dev from
https://launchpad.net/~ipkiss-0/+archive/ubuntu/ppa-eliot/+packages.
It probably works on Debian too, but I have never tried it.
In case it does not work, building libarabica from source is
relatively straight-forward.

2) Libconfig++ is used to load/save the preferences, and Eliot should
build fine without it. Obviously, any change you would make to the
preferences would be lost the next time you start Eliot, which is not
inconvenient.
However, since this lib is readily available on Debian, I see no
reason not to build with it.

3) Build Eliot following the instructions from the INSTALL file.
You can configure using the following line:
./configure --disable-qt --disable-qt5 --disable-ncurses
--disable-text --disable-dictools
After building, you will get ./dic/libdic.a and ./game/libgame.a. Your
program will need to be linked with these two (-lgame -ldic)

4) You can have a look at the PublicGame class (in game/) for an entry
point that interfaces can use.

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

Cheers,
Olivier
P.S.: If you make Eliot play against other engines, I would love to
see the results!