eliot-dev

[Eliot-dev] Re: I can't build Eliot

From: Olivier Teuliere
Subject: [Eliot-dev] Re: I can't build Eliot
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:26:45 +0100

Hello Joan,

2009/12/12 Joan Córdoba Márquez <address@hidden>:
> I can't build Eliot.
>
> I have given of high to the distribution list but I have not seen like
> sending yourself an email from there.

Sending emails to the mailing-list is better, because other people
having the same problem could participate and/or benefit from the
answers.

> I follow your instructions but it gives an error of a sprintf.  I send
> you the screen where appear the error.  Can you help me?
> My Ubuntu version is 9.10.

The newest g++ versions (introduced on Ubuntu with version 9.10) are
more strict, and indeed Eliot version 1.10 does not compile "out of
the box" anymore.
I see 3 ways to solve your problem:

1) Use the pre-compiled package available on the website: fast and easy

2) Use the development version of the sources, because I have already
fixed these issues there. You can get them using cvs, see this page
for detailed instructions: http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=eliot
(the module name is 'eliot').
Advantage: you will also get the new features (loading/saving games) :-)
Drawback: there is one more dependency to install, in order to compile
Eliot. I will update the INSTALL file accordingly.

3) Fix the errors yourself, adding the missing include files.
For example, to fix the "sprintf" problem, you can add "#include
<stdio.h>" near the other includes, in the problematic file (here
header.cpp). The command "man 3 sprintf", run from the terminal, can
tell you what include line you need to add.

Cheers,
--
Olivier