eev

Aliases

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Aliases
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 02:35:55 -0300

Hi all,

I (finally) changed the status of aliases in eev. The recommended
aliases used to be scattered through the docs and comments of eev, and
people had to copy them to their init files by hand... here's one
example, from the current version of (find-kla-intro):

  In the other examples of this tutorial I will suppose that you
  have run the `defalias'es below:

    ;; From: (find-kla-intro "4. Aliases")
    (defalias 'kla   'eekla)
    (defalias 'kla0  'eekla0)
    (defalias 'klas  'eeklas)
    (defalias 'klf   'eeklf)
    (defalias 'klfs  'eeklfs)
    (defalias 'klt   'eeklt)
    (defalias 'klts  'eeklts)
    (defalias 'klin  'eeklin)
    (defalias 'klins 'eeklins)
    (defalias 'kli   'ee-kl-insert)
    (defalias 'kla2  'eekla2)

  To make these aliases permanent, copy them to your ~/.emacs.
  Without these aliases everything in eev-kla.el will still work,
  but you will have to type `M-x eekla' instead of `M-x kla', `M-x
  eeklas' instead of `M-x klas', and so on.

Now there's a file called eev-aliases.el,

  http://anggtwu.net/eev-current/eev-aliases.el.html
  http://anggtwu.net/eev-current/eev-aliases.el
                  (find-eevfile "eev-aliases.el")

and a new intro with installation instructions,

  http://anggtwu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-levels-intro.html#0
  (find-eev-levels-intro "0. Introduction")

that recommends that people put these lines in their init files:

  ;; See: (find-eev-levels-intro)
  (require 'eev-load)               ; (find-eev "eev-load.el")
  (require 'eev-aliases)            ; (find-eev "eev-aliases.el")
  (eev-mode 1)                      ; (find-eev "eev-mode.el")

Cheers,
  Edrx