eev

Comparison of plain text versus databases [was: On "write function for e

From: Esteban Ordóñez
Subject: Comparison of plain text versus databases [was: On "write function for each reference"]
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 13:03:19 +0000

>> In my current situation databases are "very complex"/"too complex" and
>> plain text is "simple"... so I'm still using an approach that is based
>> on text files, and only that approach...
>
> It is opposite. Plain text is disorganized way of keeping information
> as compared to database systems.

I have seen this addressed before.  But I am not sure yet as to the best
for me.

Databases are easier for the machine to search and add.
Databases take less space.
Databases are more organized.
Datebeses need maintenance.

Plain text is easier for humans to use and search.
Plain text does not have a rigid structure.
Plain text takes up more space.
Plain text needs no maintenance.

Are there any other pros and cons for each?
Is there  a document with such an analysis?

Thank you very much for your input.