eev

Re: What are "logs" for me?

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: What are "logs" for me?
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 06:14:50 -0300

On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 at 05:59, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
> (...)

> I read here, above, and below this line, but I did not get what is
> your "log".

You are trapped in the present. Read this:

  (find-here-links-intro "1. Alternating between \"task\" and \"notes\"")

> - Is it something you write by hand?  In thise case you use the word
>   "log" for notes of what you have done, which is definitely log, but
>   not as what I would expect in computing context, rather in sailing
>   subject, simmilarly like ship logbook.

That's it! But some steps of the process are automated...

> You can as well parse it with Emacs Lisp.

Yes, it's a SMOP - a Simple Matter of Programming... =)
The version in Lua using LPeg is working now:

  http://angg.twu.net/LUA/Lisp2.lua.html
      (find-angg "LUA/Lisp2.lua")

The version using lpegrex is not ready yet.
Lpegrex allows writing parsers like this,

  https://github.com/edubart/lpegrex/tree/main/parsers
  https://github.com/edubart/lpegrex/blob/main/parsers/lua.lua

and I want to learn to do that.
  Cheers =),