eev

Re: Bidirectional links with eev

From: Erich Ruff
Subject: Re: Bidirectional links with eev
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 14:13:38 +0200

Hi Eduardo,

its a long time since we were talking about 'tla'

In the meentime I began writing my book and using this technique very
intensely and habe more than 100 books to which I can jump with short
expressions like

(ga101p ( + 16 127))

which will open Akademieausgabe of Fichtes Werken, Abt. I , Band 1,
Seite 127 with an offset of 16, thus excluding the forword of the
editors

Thank you for your good work done.

---------------------------------------

I read your new feature on double links.

This new feature was understandable for me only after finding out:

You have to create the eev-vars for the 2 docs first:

so you have to execute first:

doc1:  (code-c-d "sw2" "/mnt/fichte/" :anchor)
doc2:  (code-c-d "fall" "/home/er/fo/denote/" :anchor)

after having these two VARs set and the code executed the bidirectional
link-creation works --

but only if the cursors are positioned after the «anchor1»  in doc 1 and
«anchor2»  in doc 2 which should be connected to oneanother.

Perhaps this help some other user?

And then, there are 2 feature-requests:

1) Could you add an automatically inserted comment for LaTeX-files too? -> %%
double %%  to easly disguish added links

This would be very helpful for me.

2) In your example you have the 2 docs in a splitted frame with two
windows side by side in emacs

if I jump via link from doc 2 to doc 1 then doc 1  is opened in window-2
so I have the same file opened in 2 windows and the doc 2 is gone.

Could it be possible to keep both windws as they are and jump with the link to
the other window to the requested anchor without opening the doc a
second tim2??

Or is is my emacs-config which is  the culprit?

-------------------

Question:

In your tutorial you write:
3. Converting `c's to `d's
;; ==========================
;; Remember that the arguments for a `code-c-d' are called "c" (for
;; "code") and "d" (for "directory"),
;;              ^            ^
;;              |            |
;; ....
;;
;; and then we will see that there are two ways to convert the `c'
;; "foo" to its corresponding `d', "/tmp/FOO/":
;;
;;   ee-foodir
;;   (ee-foofile "BAR/PLIC/bletch")
;;   ;; --> "/tmp/FOO/BAR/PLIC/bletch"
;;

but the jump-address in case 1 is  a dir
and the jump-address in case 3 is  a file

Hope you get not angry about my long mail

Best

Erich