[Dvdrtools-users] problems reading back a burned dvd-r

From: gabor
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] problems reading back a burned dvd-r
Date: 09 Jun 2003 11:43:28 +0200

hi,

i have a toshiba-1612 dvd-reader,
and recently i bought a pioneer-105 dvd-rewriter.

i burned two imation dvd-r medias.. i don't know if they are 1x, 2x, or
4x medias, cdrecord successfully burned them at 2x.

now the problem is that these dvd-r medias can be read in the toshiba
drive without problems, but they can't be read in the pioneer driver (
in 50% of cases i'm unable to mount it, in the remaining 50% i mount it,
but get an i/o error when i try to read them). in the toshiba drive
everything is fine.

so what could be the problem?

maybe those imation medias were 1x medias? but then why did cdrecord
tell me that he can burn them at 2x?

or simply dvd-recorders are more problematic than dvd-readers?

or imation medias are low-quality?

i'm asking because i originally wanted to sell my toshiba-dvd-reader
(why should i have two dvd-drives, i thought).

thanks,
gabor

--
"Don't worry. I used the back of my sword. Oh, it's double-sided.
Sorry." -Zelgadis, Slayers