[Dvdrtools-users] Pioneer dvr-a05

From: Paul Schock
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Pioneer dvr-a05
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:50:42 -0800

I’ve been working to setup an automatic backup system using a Pioneer a DVD-RW drive and after going through your mail archives and attempting the solutions I have only gotten newer and more confusing error messages.

Firstly: I took a look at this post: http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/dvdrtools-users/2003-01/msg00000.html which prompted me to install the hack because no actual solution other then that had been mentioned. Which made the record go fine but now I cant properly blank the disk.

Secondly: I cant seem to get cdrecord to upgrade from 1.10 which came by default with my redhat 8 system and Im not sure if that’s an issue.

Basically Im kinda drowning in a pile of conflicting errors and what I was hoping for is a short guide on what I need to do which is to be able to write to a dvd-rw and then blank it and re write to it again using a pioneer dvr-a05.