Re: [Duplicity-talk] Performance issues w/ S3

From: Thomas Laubrock
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Performance issues w/ S3
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 11:14:01 +0200

Hello Tink,

On 24.07.24 00:46, tink via Duplicity-talk wrote:

I can't quite do `--concurrency` on the server proper yet, haven't managed to get 3.0.0 to behave.
Will keep trying to experiment.

What means "I can't quite do"? Is it a technical issue? If you share logs I maybe able to help.

As an aside: using 3.0.0 on a debian 12 VM and testing a 10G transfer I get twice the speed to AWS S3 that I get to Wasabi, which is somewhat worrying.

Sorry, but I don't see an indicator that duplicity is causing this. Duplicity doesn't care about AWS S3 or Wasabi, it delegates uploads to boto3 for uploads. Maybe there are some general limitations on the Wasabi side.

I think we gave you a lot of hints how duplicity is working and how to troubleshoot and read logs. If you still think duplicity is the bottleneck, please share detailed logs and explain why you are thinking duplicity is causing this.

Bye

  Thomas