Re: [Duplicity-talk] sftp: "File size can't be validated..." warning

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] sftp: "File size can't be validated..." warning
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 10:50:05 -0500

Hi Thomas,

I think you meant validate, not verify, above.

1) Let's remove the message, then,,
2) make an issue of the logic itself.

As to what the validation is trying to do could be done with an option to list with file sizes.  The proper way to do that, since list is a heavy time sync, is to do it in collections status which is always run at the end of the backup.

I don't mind rethinking anything, but let's do it on the issue tracker.

...Thanks,
...Ken