[Duplicity-talk] Diagnosing "blob exists error" with Azure backend

From: R Tyler Croy
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Diagnosing "blob exists error" with Azure backend
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 22:46:20 +0000

Greetings! I have started to notice that incremental backups are getting into a
failed state on one of my machines with:

Giving up after 1 attempts. ResourceExistsError: The specified blob already
exists.
RequestId:fcc882fc-201e-00b8-476a-64a3cb000000
Time:2023-04-01T07:20:46.4602492Z
ErrorCode:BlobAlreadyExists

I am at a loss for why this happens, but it basically stops all possibility of
incremental backup. Is there a debug flag I might be able to set in order to
identify which blob allegedly already exists so I can remove it?

Of course, if this is an issue others are seeing as well, tips for how to avoid
this problem in the future are also appreciated :)

Toodles