Re: [Duplicity-talk] Backup compatibility with different duplicity versi

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Backup compatibility with different duplicity versions
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:34:41 -0600

Hi Felix,

Yes, duplicity should be backwards and forwards compatible for quite some time.  The only caveat I might raise is unicode filename handling.  Python and duplicity have both improved in that area over the years.  Improvements sometimes mean breakages w.r.t. older packages.

There have been no file format changes and will not be until version 3.0 when we get away from tar.  0.7.19 and py2 are both EOL so I'd suggest upgrading ASAP.

Please get back to us with details if you encounter any issues.

...Thanks,
...Ken