Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to see changes in the latest increment?

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to see changes in the latest increment?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 16:43:02 -0700 (MST)

On 2021-11-18 14:00, edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk duplicity-talk-at-nongnu.org |duplicity-talk| wrote:
On 18.11.2021 22:42, zga9uhnq4g--- via Duplicity-talk wrote:
I run duplicity daily with --full-if-older-than 1W, and it displays counts and sizes for new, deleted and changed files and indicates when it is doing a full rather than incremental backup.  Sometime I look at those numbers (e.g. if they are bigger than I expected) and wonder, which files caused the statistics.

Is there a way to see what files were added, deleted, and changed (and maybe their sizes or size changes) in the latest (or some earlier) increment, either by adding some option(s) to the backup command or using a separate command after the backup is complete?  I've read the duplicity man page and other documentation and haven't seen a way to do this (although I might have missed it).  I tried adding --verbosity 5, which did include the information I'm looking for, but it also produced hundreds of lines additional output that I found useless.

hey Peter,

although the necessary informations are contained in the incremental there is currently unfortunately no command to list them specifically.

regards.. ede/duply.net

In that case, please consider this a feature request 😁.

You could use grep or a similar tool to filter the output of '--verbosity 5' and extract those lines that list the added/deleted/modified files. Off the top of my head, something like grep '^[ADM] ' should do it.

--
Nate Eldredge
nate@thatsmathematics.com