Re: [Duplicity-talk] Difficulties with restore: 'Could not restore the f

From: andrew
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Difficulties with restore: 'Could not restore the following files. Please make sure you are able to write to them.'
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 15:41:57 +0000

Hi ede,

Thank-you for the assistance. I'm an occasional command line user so forgive my ignorance here but if I want to try a restore a copy of just the Mail folder in my back-up (on MyPassport external drive) then I type this:

[awood@fedora ~]$ duplicity -v9 restore --file-to-restore .thunderbird/hrxj5i8h.default/Mail /run/media/awood/MyPassport/Deja-Vu-Back-up/ file://duplicity-restore-dir > output.txt

But I get this: 'Command line error: restore option incompatible with inc backup'

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Wood, Oxford.