[Duplicity-talk] a question on duplicity and gpg

From: Giuliano Franchetti
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] a question on duplicity and gpg
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 09:36:06 +0100

Hello to all,

after installing duplicity I find a new behaviour of gpg.

I have in my computer several files that I have gpg-encrypted and for accessing them
I had to give a passphrase.

After installing duplicity suddenly to access the files gpg encrypted it is not
necessary a passphrase anymore. It seems that duplicity activate a gpg-agent that
read the passphrase to automatize duplicity. At the moment I use duplicity with
symmetric encryption because I save a backup in a disk in my home.

This behaviour of gpg  makes all the files I had unsafe as anybody entering in my computer
can open any gpg encrypted file. Is it possible to use duplicity, but not having this effect?

Thanks

Giuliano

_

Giuliano Franchetti

Storage Rings/ Accelerator Operations

Office:         C26 1.019
phone:       +49 6159 71 1535
fax:             +49 6159 71 3099
e-mail:        G.Franchetti@gsi.de
http://web-docs.gsi.de/~giuliano

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstraße 1, 64291 Darmstadt, Germany, www.gsi.de

Commercial Register / Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
Managing Directors / Geschäftsführung:
Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Dr. Ulrich Breuer, Jörg Blaurock
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrats:
State Secretary / Staatssekretär Dr. Georg Schütte

Commercial Register / Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
Managing Directors / Geschäftsführung:
Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Ursula Weyrich, Jörg Blaurock
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrats:
Ministerialdirigent Dr. Volkmar Dietz