Re: [Duplicity-talk] Hanging just before completion

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Hanging just before completion
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 08:35:08 -0500

Hi Cody,

What are the sizes of the manifest and sigtar files?  They both get uploaded last and take a while.  Check for network activity.

...Thanks,
...Ken

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 4:42 PM Cody Ashe-McNalley via Duplicity-talk <duplicity-talk@nongnu.org> wrote:
Hi All,

Duplicity is a great program and I appreciate this community and the development process.

Several duplicity jobs have hung after putting the final archive file up using the rclone backend.  The total archive size has been >=30TB.  The manifest and sigtar files are complete, but are left in the archive-dir with the .part suffix.  I've tried to look into this with gdb but the process forking makes that difficult.

Debug logging shows this as the point where it hangs:

DEBUG 1

. AsyncScheduler: active workers = 0

Centos Linux tethys.atmos.ucla.edu 3.10.0-1127.19.1.el7.x86_64
python 3.6.8 (virtual env)
duplicity-0.8.16

I've been able to save the jobs by manually renaming and transferring the manifest and sigtar.

Best regards,
Cody