[Duplicity-talk] boto3 + gs://

From: Troy Engel
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] boto3 + gs://
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:07:06 -0600

Hi all,

How might I go about using the new boto3 backend with Google buckets
(gs://), is it possible?  Downstream in Arch, the movement to try and
get duplicity re-parented from py2 to py3 has run into outstanding
boto bugs with GS which will never get fixed (or, they're github fixes
which will never get a formal release now) - the py3 branch of boto is
broken even more than the py2 branch for gs:// so we need to get over
to boto3, IMHO, and just ditch boto.

I tried the obvious boto3+gs:// method but that fails outright, so I'm
thinking maybe the newest code just hasn't been extended to the GS
buckets? Or is there another config method I'm just missing (I think
it's the former, though).

Thanks!
-te

py2 boto: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65036