Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with Dropbox-backend

From: Dmitry Nezhevenko
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with Dropbox-backend
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 10:55:38 +0300

On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 09:46:50PM +0200, Luca Bertoncello via Duplicity-talk
wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I'm using duplicity with the Dropbox-backend on some servers.
> All worked fine until two days ago, then I just got:
>
> dpbx error: [400] u'v1_retired'
> Attempt 1 failed. ErrorResponse: [400] u'v1_retired'
>
> So, I tried to update duplicity and the Dropbox-Backend, but I always get
> this error:
>
> BackendException: dpbx: DPBX_APP_KEY environment variable not set
>
> so I tried this http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html#sect12 but it
> does not help...
> I exported DPBX_APP_KEY and DPBX_APP_SECRET, then I run duplicity and I got
> an URL to confirm the action.
> I confirmed it and I got an authorization code that I pasted in duplicity.
> Unfortunately I get:
>
> BackendException: dpbx: Unable to obtain access token: Timeout value connect
> was Timeout(connect=None, read=None, total=None), but it must be an int or
> float.
>
> Any idea how can I solve my problem?

Hi,

Probably Dropbox finally turned off API v1.

Please make sure that you're using latest version of duplicity. I thought
I've updated duplicity to use APv2.

Sorry, I don't use it anymore. But once I'll have some free time, I'll
check it.

--
WBR, Dmitry