Re: [Duplicity-talk] Why is duplicity asking for decryption passphrase o

From: Michael Gardner
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Why is duplicity asking for decryption passphrase on --encrypt-sign-key?
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 15:11:53 -0700

On Aug 1, 2017, at 11:17, edgar . soldin wrote:
> when you are doing an incremental, there is a chance that decryption is
> needed
> (updating the archive dir cache, resuming ...) so it will ask for the
> passphrase.

I'm running duplicity incr as a cron job, and don't want to store the
encryption passphrase. I can set a bogus value for PASSPHRASE, but then
duplicity spits out an error message which triggers a cron mail, flooding my
mailbox and obscuring real errors. Is there a way to make duplicity not prompt
for a passphrase, and instead fail with an error message if it runs into a
situation that would require one? Failing that, can I somehow suppress the "GPG
Failed" error message without tossing everything from stderr into /dev/null?