Re: [Duplicity-talk] rsync to rsync.net

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] rsync to rsync.net
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 21:07:24 -0500

It should be like this:

$ duplicity /mnt/data/E4310-2/170403-2330/ rsync://
address@hiddennet/dir1/dir2/.../dirN

for relative pathnames at rsync.net.

...Ken

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 6:12 PM, rsync.net via Duplicity-talk <address@hidden> wrote:

Ken, et. al,

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017, Kenneth Loafman via Duplicity-talk wrote:

I think I see it... Is there really a colon at the end of the duplicity command?  That could throw the URL parser off.

rsync.net uses a "default" directory with *NO* leading forward slash ... so if you were doing a plain old rsync, the command would look like:

rsync -avH /your/files address@hidden:

or, if you had a destination directory here:

rsync -avH /your/files address@hidden:some/dest/folder

... the bottom line is, there is no *leading* slash in the remote address@hidden:path ...

I do not know the proper duplicity translation of this to get the command line this user (our customer) wants, but I hope this clarifies it for you ...

Thanks,

John Kozubik
rsync.net, Inc.