[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity and Google Cloud Storage

From: Aleksei Aleksinov
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity and Google Cloud Storage
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 14:22:09 +0100

Dear duplicity users

I'm having a specific question regarding duplicity and GCS, kind of a joint question. So I hope it's OK to ask here.

I'm aware that the approach is using GCS in interoperability mode, and this works perfectly. To anybody actually using duplicity with GCS in the previously mentioned setup:

To me it looks like the access key and secret via interoperability mode is "global" in the sense that it is for the actual Google user, not Google Cloud Platform project or storage bucket specific.

This means that using these credentials, all buckets in all projects are actually accessible.

Can anyone confirm or disconfirm this? If you're using this setup, have you found a way to restrict this access method to a particular storage bucket, or at least to a particular project? Kind of seems weird to have credentials with such global access.

Many thanks for your thoughts & with best wishes,

Aleks