Re: [Duplicity-talk] acd+acdcli backend hangs

From: henimp
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] acd+acdcli backend hangs
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 16:11:54 -0500

I've just installed duplicity 0.7.07.1 with hopes of using Amazon Cloud
Drive as the backend.

I completed the setup as described in the documentation of acd_cli and it
seems operational.

When using duplicity, however, once it enters the acdcli backend and calls
sync, it simply hangs.

I don't know too much python, but took a look at the backend:
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backends/acdclibackend.py

I added the -v flag to the sync command on line 60 and placed a log.Info()
test output before and after this line, but it still hangs with no output
(beyond my "Calling sync" info output) and the acd_cli log file also
silent:

log.Info("Calling sync")
self.subprocess_popen(self.acd_cmd + " -v sync")
log.Info("Finished sync")

I ran acd_cli sync manually on the command line and it succeeds normally,
so why does it hang inside of duplicity? Is there a way to make python say
more what's going on when it goes to self.subprocess_popen()?

The problem was a misspelled environment variable name - I am using ACD_CLI_CACHE_PATH to set a custom cache location for acd_cli. Once fixed, the backend no longer hangs.

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!