Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity for mac unexpectedly stopped

From: covici
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity for mac unexpectedly stopped
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 19:24:57 -0400

address@hidden wrote:

> On 05.05.2016 00:34, address@hidden wrote:
> > Hi.  I am trying to backup my home directory on a mac using latest
> > version of their os.  I downloaded duplicity from homebrew and I had to
> > install python and do a pip install on the azure back end -- this is
> > what I want to back up to.  So, it was  moving along and came up with
> > the following error:
> > Processed volume 413
> > AsyncScheduler: running task synchronously (asynchronicity disabled)
> > Writing duplicity-full.20160504T211416Z.vol414.difftar.gpg
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/local/Cellar/duplicity/0.7.06_1/libexec/bin/duplicity",
> >   line 1532, in <module>
> >       with_tempdir(main)
> >        File
> SNIP
> >
> > Any ideas as to what this means?  It did restart, but if I run this
> > daily it will be hard to work with this, if its going to do this a lot.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> >

> hey John,
>
> can you run the backup again with max. verbosity '-v9' and send the _whole_
> console output as an attachment or pastebin it? obfuscate any string you deem
> private in it beforehand!
>
> of course you can send it to me privately as well.

When I ran it again, it decrypted the tar file it was in the middle of
and is still continuing.  Have you evern seen this error before?

Also, it seems pretty slow, I have over 100g to back up, I wonder if I
should increase the size of the volumes or something?

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         address@hidden