[Duplicity-talk] Version 4 authorisation for Amazon S3 buckets

From: Christian Saga
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Version 4 authorisation for Amazon S3 buckets
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 23:35:13 +0100

Hi there,
I am getting the error "The authorization mechanism you have provided is not supported. Please use AWS4-HMAC-SHA256 duplicity" on a duplicity backup to Amazon S3.

This seems to be related to the Frankfurt bucket of Amazon S3, as this only supports V4 of the authorisation.
A bug was opened for this under: https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1407966

Is there a perspective on this bug on if/when it will be solved?
I wanted to start a new backup which is quite time consuming. If I know this takes a while I would do the backup on one of the other EU buckets, otherwise I would wait.

Regards
  Christian