Re: [Duplicity-talk] best practices for handling hard links

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] best practices for handling hard links
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 11:26:49 +0100

On 18.11.2014 01:12, Marc Evans wrote:
> Yeah, I did find this thread:
>
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-talk/2008-08/msg00044.html
>
> but alas the zip file it refers to is no longer there, and the wayback
> machine does not seem to have it either. Any pack rats out there, or
> should I create my own?

maybe if you don't use the term "pack rats"?

try the original author.. click on "reply via email to" on the page you've
found above

> It does surprise me that this was a know limitation back in 2008 and it
> still may exist in the code base today.

seems like your easily surprised. imagine voluntary open source software
development is done by people having a limited amount of time and own set of
preferences. now imagine preserving hard links was never important enough to
somebody to implement it. still surprised?

your welcome to tackle this topic and implement a solution into duplicity.

..ede/duply.net