Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity Backup - check files uploaded to a backen

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity Backup - check files uploaded to a backend against corruption using a checksum ?
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 18:34:49 +0100

let's place this topic on the mailing list for others to find, shall we ;)

Kostas,

we already use checksums. "un"fortunately they are encrypted, in the manifest i
think, so actual distorted gpg files will cause a hickup with gpg decryption
even before duplicity can detect any corruption.

wrt. to your approach. i'd rather have a more universal (woking with all
backends) one, like the par2 backend
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~germar/duplicity/par2/revision/920

i am not sure what the status is on it though. Germar?

..ede/duply.net