[Duplicity-talk] SSH and Ubuntu One Behaviour

From: Kristian Kißling
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] SSH and Ubuntu One Behaviour
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 17:42:24 +0200

Hi folks,

I started to play around with duplicity 0.6.19 and have a few questions.

Can Duplicity somehow backup to Ubuntu One if it runs on a server
without X? The man pages say "no", is it still valid?

What works is:

duplicity --encrypt-key XYZ /home/work/test u1+http://backup/test

If I go for Amazons S3 Storage, would I need X there too?

And another question:

I want to backup to an SSH Server via SFTP with the following script and
with paramiko installed. What Do I get wrong?

!#/bin/sh

PASSPHRASE=secret
export PASSPHRASE

FTP_PASSWORD=secret
export FTP_PASSWORD

duplicity -v9 /home/user/test sftp://address@hidden/home/remote/backup

unset FTP_PASSWORD
unset PASSPHRASE

It only seems to do local copies in "/.cache/duplicity" and data don't
seem to land on the other computer here. But there are no obvious errors
and I get there via:

ssh address@hidden

Do you have an idea what I could/should change?

Cheers
Kristian