Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duply and remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duply and remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 15:22:00 +0200

On 03.04.2013 14:20, Moritz Augsburger wrote:
> On 2013-04-03 12:13, SanskritFritz wrote:
>>> But I took a look at the duply source code and just patched it to
>> That is nice, thanks. You may send the patch here, edso, the author of
>> duply is an avid reader and contributor here.
>
> Okay, here it is. As I said, no big deal.

hi Moritz,

tried to answer to your users.sf.net email account. they (geek.net) seem to
have issues with that (SMTP unknown user). anyway, i received your mail "Duply
bug tracker – no permission" and tried to answer:

works as expected. just tested with a test account of another project. please
follow these steps

1. goto http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=217745&atid=1041150
2. make sure you are logged in (right top should sport 'Me' instead of 'Log
In') or log in there
3. use 'Add new' on page above, it's below the 'Summary' menu entry

.. you might as well stay on the list mow that you found your way here ;) but
please try if the above works for you, and tell.

regarding your patch. i very much like to include it. however could you please
still fix the following and repost?

1. remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full essentially "(in other words, keep only old
full backups and not their increments)" . could you please change the
descriptions and variable names accordingly? e.g.
MAX_FULLS_WITH_INCRS

2. add a description to the usage output?

thanks.. ede/duply.net