[Duplicity-talk] Having to specify incrementals

From: Elvar
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Having to specify incrementals
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:31:52 -0500

Hello,

I recently started using Duplicity to perform offsite backups for a linux server of ours. When I performed a simulated disaster recovery scenario I found that the only data I had been able restore was data from the initial full backup. It doesn't appear that Duplicity was automatically doing incrementals despite the data growing. Below is the command I'm using...

FTP_PASSWORD='somepass' PASSPHRASE='somepass' duplicity /mnt ftps://address@hidden

Shouldn't that automatically assume incrementals if the full had already been done?

Kind regards,
Elvar