Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity and pbzip2

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity and pbzip2
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:12:21 +0200

compression is done via gpg command line binary when using encryption. so if
gpg would do it multithreaded, yes. a short lookup for 'gpg multithreading'
delivered
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gnupg/devel/39785
and others, that argue that the encryption is sequential hence there's no way
to parallel task that.

however, you can parallel task uploading vs. encryption already via
'--asynchronous-upload' already.

sorry.. ede/duply.net