[Duplicity-talk] Problem restoring files: AssertionError: 2

From: Grégoire Détrez
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Problem restoring files: AssertionError: 2
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 15:15:53 +0200

Hi,

I have troubles restoring files backed-up with duplicity. The restore operation crashes with an obscure error message:
> AssertionError: 2
I tried cleaning the backup using 'duplicity clean' and removing the local cache but the error is still there. I added some print statements to the code to try and figure out what file was causing the problem (it is some file created by git) but the '--exclude' option doesn't seem to work on restore. And the '--ignore-errors' option doesn't work either in this particular case.
I pasted the full traceback at the end of the message.
I found out that the problem is caused by the following data:
> [(('FETCH_HEAD',) None), (('FETCH_HEAD',) reg)]
which, since the first element is not 'reg', should have length 1 and not 2. But I'm stuck here because don't really understand what this correspond to…
Is there someone who had encountered this problem before?
I tested it with the code from the bzr repository so it doesn't seem to be fixed. Otherwise, is there a way to tell duplicity not to restore a particular file?
Thanks,

Grégoire Détrez

----
Here is the traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bin/duplicity", line 1391, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "./bin/duplicity", line 1384, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "./bin/duplicity", line 1318, in main
    restore(col_stats)
  File "./bin/duplicity", line 623, in restore
    restore_get_patched_rop_iter(col_stats)):
File "/home/gregoire/Code/duplicity/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 523, in Write_ROPaths
    for ropath in rop_iter:
File "/home/gregoire/Code/duplicity/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 496, in integrate_patch_iters
    final_ropath = patch_seq2ropath( normalize_ps( patch_seq ) )
File "/home/gregoire/Code/duplicity/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 466, in patch_seq2ropath
    assert len( patch_seq ) == 1, len( patch_seq )
AssertionError: 2