Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?

From: Bubba Wilson
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 22:44:03 -0500

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:14 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 31.08.2011 19:01, Brian Wilson wrote:
> I'm trying to use duplicity with box.net (which has a WebDavS interface) but not having much luck.   Backups seem to run fine, but I'm unable to verify or do any restores.  I found similar mention of this in the issue list for duplicati (http://code.google.com/p/duplicati/issues/detail?id=217) and that it may be due to non-standard compliant WebDav server on box.net.

there was another case in july reporting this. seems to be their webdav implementation, they officially do not support it
http://support.box.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/85/%7E/does-box-support-webdav-or-ftp-connections%3F

> Since I'd like to make use of my 50GB free space, it would be great if this would work.  I've even tried disabling encryption to test but verify and restore still fail: Here's what I'm seeing:

the encryption has no influence on this

> Any suggestions on working around the box.net WebDav issues in order to get proper file listings so duplicity knows that I have backups and thus allow me to do restores?  5GB accounts are free if anyone would be willing to help me figure this out.

nobody is tackling this as far as i know. so you might want to get familiar with webdav and it's duplicity backend and work out a fix?

..ede/duply.net

FYI, someone tracked down my post and e-mailed me a solution.

modify webdavbackend.py and change listbody to be this:

Just replace listbody with:

listbody = """\

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<D:propfind xmlns:D="D:" xmlns:NS="D:">