[Duplicity-talk] Signature files not being deleted

From: Roy Badami
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Signature files not being deleted
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:53:46 +0100

I've just started experimenting with duplicity, and I'm seeing two issues with signatures not being removed when backups are deleted.

First issue:

From a clean state, perform two full backups, then issue

duplicity remove-all-but-n-full 1 --force ...

The older backup (and its manifest) is successfully removed, but the signatures are left behind at the destination. They are deleted from the local cache, but of course are synced back from the destination on the next run.

Second issue:

From a clean state, preform the following:

duplicity full ...
duplicity incremental ...
duplicity incremental ...
duplicity full ...
duplicity incremental ...
duplicity incremental ...

Then run

duplicity remove-all-but-n-full 1 --force ...

In addition to the previous issue, orphaned signature files are left behind for the two old incremental backups. The incremental backups themselves (and their manifests) are correctly deleted, but the signatures are left behind (both at the destination and in the cache). Duplicity issues a warning about local orphaned signature files.

This is with 0.6.13 to an ssh backend.

Am I missing something? --extra-clean isn't really what I'm looking for as it's probably a little more aggressive than I want.

roy

--
Roy Badami
Roboreus Ltd