[Duplicity-talk] Re: What exactly duplicity check on Verify step? Why i

From: Ali Nebi
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: What exactly duplicity check on Verify step? Why i get 'Difference found: File xxxxx has mtime Wed Jan 19 09:49:14 2011, expected Wed Jan 19 00:21:25 2011'?
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 13:42:00 +0200

Thanks for reply.

Thanks for the links. i am reading it already.
Yes, it is really confusing. Why it is necessary to compare already backed up data with source just after created backup, as it is always possible some file to be changed!? We were using DAR previously and it test the backup archive at the end and it actually verify archive health, but does not very file in backup with source at the end of the backup. Yes, i agree with you. I think this should be removed as this is confusing users :) And yes, it will be better to be part of a new command 'compared' as you mentioned in your post.

Message: 6