Re: [Duplicity-talk] using the 'find' command to exclude files over a ce

From: Jason Martin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] using the 'find' command to exclude files over a certain file size
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:39:56 +0000

Yes your right. I just tried it and got the same results from a dry-run. As usual I'm overcomplicating things by substituting the whitespace with "\ ", but obviously that's not required...

I've updated my script with your solution.

Do you think this function should be built into Duplicity as one of the options?

Jason

On 14 January 2011 13:26, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 14.01.2011 14:23, address@hidden wrote:
>> I managed to get it to work from your suggestion to use a formatted file!!
>> >
>> > I used..
>> > find /home/jason -size +100M -printf "%p\n" \
>> > FILE=${FILE// /\\ }# subsitute whitespace with "\ "
>> > echo "$FILE" >> /tmp/filelist
>> > done
> wouldn't a
> find /home/jason -size +100M -print > /tmp/filelist
> do the same?
> also you wouldn't have to delete the file in the end as it would get overwritten on every run.

did it choke on spaces in the path?

..ede