[Duplicity-talk] resume backup: runs through already uploaded files?

From: Chris Poole
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] resume backup: runs through already uploaded files?
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:21:58 +0000

I started a backup, with verbosity 5, and it went through so far with the usual
output of

    A /some/path/some-time.pdf
    A ...
    A ...

to add a load of files. Then it uploaded vol1.difftar.gpg, then went to the next
lump of files, etc. All very well.

I had to cancel the backup.

Upon starting again, it told me it was going to resume from block xxx of the
last volume, very well, but then listed all the files it's already been though
with "A ... " syntax (though not uploading them, just listing them).

Eventually it got to where it was cancelled last time, and began uploading
again.

I assume this means that it's checking what's already been uploaded by looking
in the cache/sig file(s)?

Thanks!