Re: [Duplicity-talk] Verbosity of log file

From: Ed Blackman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Verbosity of log file
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:59:57 -0400

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 09:11:24AM +0200, Javier Amor García wrote:
I am using duplicity's --log-file option but I don't want to see each
file listed, I seems that duplicity is logging from the INFO priority.
I tried to change this using the --verbosity option but it had not
effect, I think it applies only to stdout output.

My version of duplicity is 0.6.08b-0ubuntu2 (got it from Ubuntu Lucid).

There is some way to change the verbosity of the log file?.

I ended up making a script to selectively prune the "--verbosity info --log-file x.log" output, since I wanted some INFO level messages but not others. It might be close to what you want, so I'll attach it.

Perl, since that's my go-to language for text parsing, but pretty well commented.

Ed