Re: [Duplicity-talk] async_concurrency > 1?

From: John
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] async_concurrency > 1?
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:49:25 -0500

The status is roughly what I said in the message you link to above, at
least so far as I know. I have not had the time to follow developments
closely or develop on duplicity myself in quite a while, so I haven't
followed through with that work.

For S3, I can confirm that boto is okay to use in a multi-threaded
environment. I don't recall whether there was something about the
duplicity S3 backend that meant it was not, but I don't *think* so. I
do think I suspected some of the other backends to not be concurrency
safe though.

Ok, thanks for the info. I think I'll investigate backing up to local disk, then writing a separate utility to sync those files to S3, uploading several in parallel.