[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity finding too many new files

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity finding too many new files
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 01:08:31 -0400

A few weeks ago, I had a major problem with duplicity.

September 9: Duplicity runs a full backup.
September 11: Duplicity runs an incremental backup without issue, but incorrectly thinks that 209104 have been deleted from the source (usually the number of deleted files is < 300).
September 12: Duplicity runs an incremental backup and reports 134207 new files. The backup takes hours and nearly fills my hard drive to capacity.
September 13: Duplicity begins running, but again runs for hours. I stop it before it finishes.

So basically, duplicity deleted *way* too many files on the 11th, and as a result found *way* too many new files on the 12th and 13th. In reality, those files never changed.

Does anybody have any idea what happened here? Right now, I can't use duplicity to do my backups, and I'm worried about Murphy's Law.
Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. If it would help, I can provide detailed logs.

Thanks!