[Duplicity-talk] relative perf measurements?

From: AJ Weber
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] relative perf measurements?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:04:31 -0500

I searched around a little, but didn't find anything relevant...

Has anyone done any relative performance measurements between the different backend connection options?

I'm most interested in whether using an rsync server actually helps in any way (since we're already doing the rsync diff locally, I think)?

Obviously this is all relative, but for "same target server, same network", are there any measurements for the same backup set sent over ftp, rsync, and scp?  Curious why I haven't seen something about this already.  I know all the YMMV cavaets, but has anyone taken the time to do this kind of experiment?

Thanks in advance,
AJ