Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity - Resource Unavailable Errors

From: Jacob Godserv
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity - Resource Unavailable Errors
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:53:38 -0500

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 09:31, Colin Ryan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Update:
>
> Tried this same test again and it is not always that this failure leaves the
> rest of the system unable to fork other processes such as "ls" or "top" etc
> etc. sometimes yes, sometimes no...in any even duplicity does continue to
> grow in excess of 200Mb put I do have physical RAM reported as free when
> this occurs.
>
> Any thoughts?

I wasn't aware that duplicity made so many processes as to eat up all
the resources of a Linux system. 200M also sounds a bit excessive for
duplicity, which does much of its processing in volume chunks on the
hard-drive.

I'm not an expert on this list, but since you're not getting any
immediate responses, I might as well say something. ;)

Something I'd try: can you complete this restore with a similar
installation of duplicity on a different machine running a different
distribution? If that works, then in the same distribution? And so on.
In other words, I'd try and see if there's something tweaked in the
wrong direction on the machine you're trying to restore on.

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now — and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?